23 November 2001 - 6:21 p.m.
1. What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
It's been too long since I've read a book all the way through. Over the past month I've read parts of Eugene Onegin, a Barbara Cartland romance, a Unitarian Universalist primer, and a Texas cookbook, but nothing from cover to cover other than Sports Illustrated. No wonder I've been wanting to take December off and just read.
2. What's your favorite book of all time?
Some days, it's Dorothy L. Sayers' Gaudy Night, but lately I've been alternating between William Maxwell & Sylvia Townsend Warner's The Element of Lavishness and Karen Elizabeth Gordon's Paris Out of Hand.
3. What's the worst book you've ever read?
The ones I stuffed into recycling instead of the library donation pile. I wouldn't list them here even if I could remember their titles, because they sure as hell don't deserve any attention, Googley or otherwise.
4. What book that you've read would you most like to see adapted into a movie?
Might be fun seeing Nora Roberts' Born In... or Chesapeake Bay trilogies transformed into miniseries, even though I'd probably be disappointed by both the casting (couldn't possibly live up to my mental images) and the depictions of hot sex (ditto).
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? seeing Waking Life and maybe Amelie (per Natalieeee's suggestion), figuring out where I squirrelled away the Chanukah/Christmas supplies, bombarding my cold (now squooshing away in my lungs, gah) with buckets of hot tea...
|Copyright 2000-2016 by mechaieh / pld. This blog has migrated to zirconium.dreamwidth.org.|
Hosted by DiaryLand.